Prospective students can RSVP for an information session to learn about the following graduate programs:
- Computer Science MS
- Computer Science MCS
- Computer Science Ph.D.
- Data Science MS
- Data Science Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
RSVP at z.umn.edu/csgradinfosessions
There is no spring admission. Applications must be completed and submitted by or before March 1st 11:59 PM CST to be reviewed.
To ensure your application is processed as efficiently as possible, we strongly recommend that you submit your completed application (and all required materials) at least two weeks before the application deadline.
We will give late applications special consideration if the delay is due to extentuating circumstance outside of the applicant's control, such as a natural disaster or widespread internet outage. If you find yourself in such a situation, please submit your application as soon as you are able, and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you have submitted your application explaining the extenuating circumstances.
All degree applicants must apply online using the Office of Graduate Admissions system and all letter writers must use the online recommendation system. Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies for full Graduate School Application Instructions.
- Remember to read the complete instructions for uploading transcripts and credentials before you proceed.
- If you've received credit from institutions outside of the United States, view additional instructions for international transcripts and credentials before uploading your documents.
- Your application must indicate each institution of higher learning from which you have earned credit and you must submit transcripts or academic records for each of these institutions. This includes partial or incomplete transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records must be uploaded directly to the application BEFORE you submit it. Non-English transcripts must be accompanied by an English translation. DO NOT submit paper or fax copies of this material. If you have previously enrolled at any University of Minnesota campus, you can obtain electronic copies of your transcripts from One Stop student services.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Data Science Admissions Committee after the application deadline (March 1st)
- You will receive email status updates from the Office of Graduate Admissions at each point in the admission process.
- Contact regarding any inquiries about your GRE or TOEFL scores. Our department does not receive or process these documents.
- GRE Institution code:6874
- GRE Department code: NONE
- TOEFL Institution code:6874
- TOEFL Department code: NONE
Application System Questions
Office of Admissions
The Graduate School
309 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Telephone (+1) 612-625-3014
Curriculum and Program Questions
Data Science Master's Program
University of Minnesota
Keller Hall 200 Union St S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Telephone: (+1) 612-625-4002
Fax: (+1) 612-625-0572