The Admission's cycle opens for Fall 2017 on November 15, 2016. Applications should not be submitted prior to the application cycle open date. Applications must be completed and submitted by or before March 15, 2017 (February 15, 2017 for international applicants) to be reviewed.
To ensure your application is processed as efficiently as possible, we strongly recommend that you submit your completed application (and all required materials) at least two weeks before the application deadline.
All degree applicants must apply online using the Office of Graduate Admissions system and all recommenders must use the online recommendation system. Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies for full Graduate School Application Instructions.
- Remember to read the complete instructions for uploading transcripts and credentials before you proceed.
- If you've received credit from institutions outside of the United States, view additional instructions for international transcripts and credentials before uploading your documents.
- Your application must indicate each institution of higher learning from which you have earned credit and you must submit transcripts or academic records for each of these institutions. This includes partial or incomplete transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records must be uploaded directly to the application BEFORE you submit it. Non-English transcripts must be accompanied by an English translation. DO NOT submit paper or fax copies of this material. If you have previously enrolled at any University of Minnesota campus, you can obtain electronic copies of your transcripts from OneStop student services.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Data Science Admissions Comittee.
- You will receive email status updates from the Office of Graduate Admissions at each point in the admission process.
- To learn whether your GRE or TOEFL scores have been received click here.
- You can return to the application system to check the status of your application.
- GRE Institution code:6874
- GRE Department code:NONE
- TOEFL Institution code:6874
- TOEFL Department code:NONE
Application System Questions
Office of Admissions
The Graduate School
309 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Telephone (+1) 612-625-3014
Curriculum and Program Questions
Data Science Master's Program
University of Minnesota
Keller Hall 200 Union St S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Telephone: (+1) 612-626-8020
Fax: (+1) 612-625-0572